Kinnikinnick just recently introduced Panko Style Bread Crumbs. It retails for about $4.99 for 350g.
I had plans to make some cheese sticks, breaded tofu and onion rings. On my trip to the store to get ingredients, the jalapeno peppers caught my eye. Jalapeno Poppers - brilliant!
Keep in mind this recipe doesn't make a whole lot... since I was just making for myself. You can easily double or triple as needed. I didn't measure anything so these are estimates.
Gluten-Free Jalapeno Poppers
Baked not fried!
- 4 jalapenos
- 1/3 package of Philidelphia Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup sharp cheddar, grated
- Spices/seasonings of your choice (garlic, onion or chili powder, Italian seasonings)
- Kinnikinnick Panko Bread Crumbs
- Cut the tops off the jalapeno peppers. Slice in half and carefully dispose of the insides - be careful, the seeds are hot! Wear gloves or make sure you wash your hands well after handling the peppers.
- Cream the cream cheese, grated cheddar and seasonings together in a bowl.
- Spoon the cheesey mix into the jalapeno halves evenly. They should be rounded on the tops.
- Pour some Panko Crumbs in a shallow dish and roll the tops of the poppers in the crumbs.
- Bake at 400* for about 15-20 minutes.
Mine are messy because I used my hands to fill the jalapeno halves. Spoon or hands, either way works fine! Here are the poppers before the oven.
|Jalapeno Poppers before the oven|
|Jalapeno Poppers - crispy, right out of the oven!|
I also made up a batch of gluten-free cheese sticks with mozzarella cheese. The recipe was "borrowed" from my friend Devan over at Accustomed Chaos. Check out her blog for tons of gluten-free recipes and information!
What are you looking forward to making with Kinnikinnick's Panko Style Bread Crumbs?